Monday, June 29, 2009

Many tiny PRs

Ended up training twice today, wanted to get the sessions in since I will probably be off diving the weekend.

Session 1:
Warmup, overhead squats, drop snatches
Snatch: 2@34, 3@37, 2@40, 2@42, 1+miss@44, 2@44, 2@44
Snatch pulls: 2@44, 2@50, 2@53 x 3
PC: 3@40, 3@45, 3@50, 3@54 x 4
Back squat: 5@50, 2@60, 2@70, 2@80, 2@84
Plank holds: 3 1 minute holds with 10kg plate

Good session all in all, I think 44kg is my best snatch double. I missed one rep of the 6, just didn't extend fast enough. Rest were really good form, fast extension, caught them in good position. 54kg is also a personal best on powerclean triples. Took it easy enough on squats, 84kg is heaviest I've done since mumps but didn't feel too heavy. Left it at that because I knew session 2 would be killer.

Session 2:
Jerk warmup, foam rolling
Jerk: 2@35, 2@40, 2@45, 2@50, 2@54 x 4
Power snatch: 2@35 x 2, 2@38, 2@41, 2@41, missx2@41
Clean: 2@45, 2@50, 2@55, 2@60, 2@62 x 3
Clean pulls: 2@52, 2@67, 2@70 x 4
Front squat: 3@45, 3@55, 3@65, 3@70 x 3

Jerks were OK, lockout still improving despite the fact that the shoulder is still wrecked. It may still loosen out a bit over the week, we'll see. Probably could use more massage this week, which I'll get if at all possible time-wise. Physio again tomorrow anyway.

Power snatches so-so, missed the last two just due to fatigue I think.

Cleans were great, added 2kg to last week's weight for another PR. Yay!

Front squat triples are also a 1kg PR, and the first set was very smooth. Based on that there might well be another bit in that soon - not next week though as I think it will be a backoff week.

So, things are getting stronger anyway, this is very good. Snatches and cleans are all on target, and jerks will be soon too once I get this stupid shoulder back to 100%.

4 comments:

  1. just started looking at your blog. who puts your sessions together?
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coach, Harry does mostly, with input from me. Based mostly on what has and hasn't worked in the past and whatever needs attention - currently leg strength for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are trying to put something a new session together. Been doing hatch squat program for 10 weeks of 12 with an easy snatch and CJ days. Want to start thinking about next cycle. Obviously need to work on strength, especially for our jerks. Plan to Work a lot on 2x3/4 at 80 to 90% with our lifts. Breaking it up into a 3 day week probaly of snatch/clean/squats and strength in that order.
    What you think? No miracle cure but just want to get stronger as lifts have gone stale.
    Thanks Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you only snatching and C+Jing once a week? If so that'd be why the lifts are stale alright - they're so technique dependent that you need to be doing them more frequently to do them well.

    I find myself that if I am pushing squats then max snatches will go nowhere because I need to be a bit fresher to do very heavy snatches. C+Js do better with fatigue.

    Are you training specifically for weightlifting or just general strength stuff? Do you have a coach?

    ReplyDelete