Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am teh strong!

Really good day today, added weight to everything and no misses, felt full of energy. Torn callous now partly healed but still feckin sore, hence snatches from floor instead of usual snatch combo which is harder on the hands.

4 sets of 5 OHS with bar, 3 sets of 3 drop snatches
Snatch: warmup sets, 2@41 x 6
Drop snatches: warmup sets, 2@44 x 3
Front squats: 5@35 x 2 to warm up for cleans
Cleans: 2@35, 2@40, 2@45, 2@50, 2@55, 2@57 x 3
Back squat: 3@45, 2@55, 1@60, 1@65 x 3

Possibly shouldn't have done those heavy cleans but I'd entirely forgotten about my dodgy quad last week. It was fine, anyway, so I think that was just a freak thing. I did take it very easy on the back squats though, seems best to ramp back up to squats gradually.

Here's the last set of cleans:


Was fairly happy with these although I could probably still do with better extension and keeping the bar closer. As always!

Roy was in, his physio said he was OK to start cleaning again, so that's what he was doing. I have some videos but my interwebs are being slow so I'll try to stick those up again later.

According to the scale in the ladies in the Hercs I am now 63kg, 1kg down on last week. Yarr!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    This is Roy. Those are some very good cleans, very good coming out of the hole and getting some spring to rise up.

    I have re-played your video a few times and I cannot help but wonder if indeed, you are missing the very last finish of the pull, the actual grasping the bar onto the thighs. I do the same too and I find that thinking of pushing the chest out when extending helps with the last two inches of the pull. Still, as you can see from my videos, I have some way to go.

    Other than that, looking strong and you will fit in no-problemo-amigo into the 63 kilo category come April, especially if you keep gulping down the cottage cheese. I too am trying to lean down, so I'm with you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Harry is always telling me I'm not finishing my pull, in both cleans and snatches. I must keep reminding myself of this when training. Matthias Steiner would finish his pulls properly :)

    Yeah, cottage cheese seems to be the way forward! I actually do quite like it, it's nice with flaked almonds in. Of course it's an acquired taste....

    ReplyDelete