Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday's Septuagenarian Snatches

Friday 20th February

Quick dynamic warmup
OHS and drop snatches
Snatch: warmup sets, 2@42 x 6 (missed second rep of second set)
Jerk dips, jerk catches, split jerks, light front squats with 25kg bar
C+J: 40, 44, 48, 52, 54, 57, 59 x 4
Front squats: can't remember, will have to check training log later!

C+J video:


Really good snatching today, the last couple of sets of snatch in particular felt really good - light and fluid. The Butcher was originally going to have me to stop on 5 sets but I got a bonus set because I was making them look easy :)

Saturday 21st February - ancillary training
Hamstring curls supersetted with pulldowns, step ups supersetted with decline pushups, scap work and ab work, stretching.

Sunday 22nd February

Am away Tuesday to Thursday this week so trying to get as much training int0 Sunday and Monday as possible - wouldn't normally do this much because I'm not a lunatic :)

OHS and drop snatches 3 sets each
Snatch: 2@33, 1@36, 39, missed 42, 42, 45, 45, missed 45, 45, 45, missed 45
Heavy drop snatches: 2@35, 2@40, 2@44, 2@46 x 3
Rack jerk warmup (jerk dips, jerk catches, split jerks)
Rack jerks: 2@35, 2@40, 2@45, 2@50, 2@55 x 5
Clean warmup: 5 light front squats with 35kg
Cleans: 2@35, 2@40, 2@45, 2@50, 2@54, 2@58 x 4
Front squats: 3@55, 3@60, 3@65 x 3

Annoying to miss those two 45kg snatches but on the first miss two septuagenarian ex-weightlifters were having an extremely loud chat 4 feet away from me, and tiredness was setting in on the last rep. Still, I need better, faster extension on my heavier snatches. I do this much better on every other lift, even snatch doubles/triples, but for some reason on heavy single snatches I'm just wimpy.

Position also wasn't great on the snatches, not as good as on Friday anyway. Could have done with a better warmup but I knew time would be tight on this session. Probably a false economy, that.

I also have a manky headcold but it seems to be moving off now. Really irritating as I haven't been sick in months and months - I thought I'd acquired some sort of superhuman immune system but it appears this is not the case. D'oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment