Sunday, April 5, 2009

50 + 67 = Awesome!

Today I headed into the gym with my War Face on.

Warmup, overhead squats, drop snatches
Snatch: 35, 37.35, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, miss@49, 49, 50, miss@51
C+J warmup
C+J: 40, 45, 50, 54, 58, 61, 64, 66, 67

Front squat: 3@50, 1@60, 1@65, 70, 72.5, 75, 77.5, 2@62.5 x 6
With some scap work supersetted in.

Foam rolling to finish.

Snatches were excellent overall, got a 1kg PR and almost a 2kg one. I've been focusing lately on better extension on the second pull and just getting the bar moving faster - this is paying off I think. The 48kg snatch was the smoothest 48 I've ever done. I missed 49 next, just a bit slow. The next 49 was spot on. I had to fight to hold the 50, because for some odd reason I caught it higher on the left than the right, but I got it. 51 was strange - I pulled well, got under it and locked it out, but it was just slightly too far back and I lost it behind suddenly (I almost never lose behind). I managed to drop the bar on the small of my back, it's slightly bruised but nothing serious hopefully. Reckoned that was a good time to stop as I was probably too shaken to make the lift that day. The fact that I pulled it to height and locked it out means I should get it soon though.

C+Js were good and fairly straightforward. Good form on both lifts to 64. 66 was decent. On 67 the clean recovery was a struggle, and the jerk was a bit messy and out in front, but it wasn't pressed out and I held it. Seemed like a good point to leave it for the day.

My right hip is still very strange, full of knots, hopefully I can get some massage done on it this week, will have at it with the tennis ball later as well.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - I told you the only reason I got PB's last week was to spur you on and how right I was :D

    Great job MM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be that point in the competition phase where everything's coming together for us all. I still have some catching up to do on you :P

    I'm watching the 48s at the Europeans on Eurosport right now. I'm feeling very, very inadequate in the quad department :o

    ReplyDelete