Sunday, April 12, 2009

Feel the anger...

Today I am pissed off. I have been pissed off for the last few days. I'm not that happy with how this phase has been going but my pissed-offedness is probably out of all proportion to that really. I'm pissed off with feeling tired and burned out for no reason that I can think of other than training. There's been a lot of that over the past month. I'm annoyed at my snatch technique getting less consistent approaching a competition, and I'm losing confidence in the lift.

I'm actually angry enough with lifting that I spent some time this weekend considering whether or not I should even bother lifting in Seniors and whether a couple of weeks off might not be a better thing. I probably will lift in it anyway but this is not a good way to be feeling 2 weeks before a competition. Hopefully it will pass.

I think a large part of why I'm feeling this shitty is that I'm trying to do way too much squatting, am supposed to be going to a max for the day and then dropping back to a few 80% doubles 2x a week and doing slightly easier squatting the other 2 sessions. I don't think I can handle max squats on top of a full hour of heavy snatch/C+J variations. In particular looking back over my log heavy cleans + squats on the same day invariably lead to disaster.

It is also probably a bad thing to change a programme quite drastically in a month when one's coach is mostly not available.

Easter Sunday
Warmup, overhead squats, drop snatches
Snatch: 2@35, 1@37.5, 1@40, 42, 44, 46, miss@48 x 2, 2@37.5 x 2
Jerk warmup
Rack jerk: 2@35, 1@40, 45, 50, 54, 58, 62, 65, 68, miss@69
NO STUPID SQUATTING AT ALL! HA! SCREW YOU, SQUATS.
Some ancillary work: rotator cuff stuff, some core work, chins/inverted rows/press, leg curls, nothing too strenuous.
Bit of stretching/foam rolling to finish

Well, snatches still shite but at least there were no misses on lighter weights. Rack jerks actually decent, equalled my PR, seems being incandescent with white-hot rage has some advantages there. Tried 69 again, no go, bar just didn't go high enough. I don't know if I'll be able to jerk that weight until I manage to gain some more leg strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment