Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adequacy from the jaws of defeat

Warmup, overhead squats, drop snatches
Snatch: 2@35, 1@38, 40, 42, miss@44, miss@44, 44, 46, 48, miss@50, miss@50
Power clean: 3@35, 2@45, 1@50, 52, 54, 56, 58, miss@60 (dropped into a full clean), 2@48 x 6
Front squat: 3@50, 1@60, 65, 70, 72.5, 2@60 x 3
Snatch grip special exercise: 3@56 x 3

Felt pretty ropey training today, everything was heavy and felt lightheaded after a lot of the lifts early on. Might be something to do with the rather intense paint fumes!

Snatches did not start well at all, the first 2 attempts at 44 got away in front of me so I did a few sets of my dowel rod bar trajectory thingy and the next attempts were successful. 50 just didn't quite seem to be there today. I nearly got under it both times but didn't quite succeed. Probably cutting my pull again, need to keep on this.

Power cleans and front squats also feeling heavy, so kept the squats fairly handy. 4 day weekend coming up for Zombie Jesus Day so hopefully I'll be feeling more rested soon. Sleep hasn't been great last few days for whatever reason, I was blaming it on the bruised back but don't think it is anymore. I'd usually suspect a bit of overtraining, don't think I have been but who knows what with this crazy going to maxes every session stuff...

Will have time tomorrow so will hit the ancillary/prehab stuff I've been neglecting then.

No comments:

Post a Comment