Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A new hope

Warmup, OHS, drop snatches
Snatch: 2@35, 1@38, 40, 42, miss@44, miss@44, 46
Power clean: 2@35, 2@40, 1@45, 50, 55, miss@58 x 2
Squats: 2@45, 2@50 x 3
Scap pullups, one set of 3 chins, some scap wall slides

Supposed to be a fairly light day to try and get some recovery in. Feeling very fatigued in general. Oddly lifts were sharp enough. I missed 44 twice due to technical faults (too fast off floor, cut pull), but when I got it it was a really good snatch, and felt effortless (as did all the other non-misses). And if I can do it on those lifts I can do it on every lift.
Also missed 58 on the powercleans, just timing getting under it as the height was there.

Feeling more positive about lifting again. It's important to remember that apart from the actual snatch and C+J numbers this year to date has also been about improving technique and developing a base of work capacity - both of those will hopefully stand to me in the future. And the competition in two weeks really ought to go fine, this fatigue will be gone by then (it's lifting already).

OTOH I really need to not get into this sort of state of overtraining again, it is unpleasant and not worth it. Poor sleep appears to be an early indicator going by last week and what I've noticed in the past as well, it would seem it's definitely worth taking things a bit easier if that starts to happen. Maybe I should start doing that waking heartrate monitoring thing, too, although not sure if that one applies to weightlifters.

No comments:

Post a Comment