Monday, March 23, 2009

Competition Phase start and rack jerk PR

So, here goes the competition phase for Seniors. I've no idea what's going to happen over the next few weeks as Harry is being his usual enigmatic self. All I know is apparently I'm going to have a lot more opportunities to attempt maxes. Starting today.

The format of today was to take 30 minutes, work to the best weight I can manage for an exercise, then drop back to do doubles at 80% of the best weight done for the rest of the 30 minutes. Long enough session.

Power snatch: 3@25, 1@30, 35, 37.5, 40, 42, 44, miss@46, miss@45, 2@35 x 7
Rack jerk: 2@35, 1@40, 45, 50, 55, 59, 62, 65, 67, 68 (new PR), miss@69, 2@54
Back squat: 5@50, 2@60, 1@70, 80,. 90, 93, 96, 2@76 x 3

Finished with some foam rolling. Session is just too long already to be doing ancillary work, I will do a dedicated ancillary session at some stage this week.

Was feeling a bit fresher today than on Saturday, after a very lazy weekend.

Power snatches not particularly amazing, have done 46 before once but just couldn't quite get enough speed on the bar today. Rack jerks were all nice and solid, 68 was no problem. 69 was pretty close to being locked out and I reckon it'll happen soon enough. I'm getting a much better and more controlled drive and the bar isn't going out in front of me the way it was. I've also been working on getting a better receiving position at the bottom and rotating the shoulders back, so that seems to be working out. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment